What BSR is good?
The quick version of this is - higher is better. Based on the results of the studies listed in the glossary, a higher BSR indicates that a persons body shape, as scanned, is in a category that is less at risk for health diseases than others with lower scores (i.e. BSR of 75% is less at risk, based on shape, than 75% of the people that have scanned - and more at risk than the other 25%).
Example Fit3D BSR result below with relative risk zones highlighted. NOTE: Actual results may vary.
Fit3D extracted SBSI, ABSI, Trunk to Leg Volume Ratio, body fat percentage, and BMI from more than 26,000 scans. Fit3D then evaluated the correlation between each algorithm and calculated weights for the health risk outcomes from the overall Fit3D user population. This results in a Body Shape Rating (BSR). A user can then understand how their body shape wellness compares with the rest of the Fit3D population.
Ways to Improve BSR
The primary way to improve your BSR is to increase the density of your body, build the muscle in your legs, and decrease your waist circumference.
This can be done through a balanced mix of good nutrition and exercise. Consult with your trainer, nutritionist, coaches, or doctors to set up a plan.
To understand ABSI, SBSI, Body Fat Percentage and Trunk to Leg Volume Ratio better please refer to the descriptions below or the research from the following links: